Our operating policies are designed to effectively support the need of our clients, and adherence to these policies is mandatory at all times by both the tutor and the clients for our service to be effective. Deviation from these policies may, but also may not necessarily, at the sole discretion of The Tutoring Expert, result in a termination of the contract between The Tutoring Expert and both client and tutor. These policies were designed in order to accommodate and satisfy all parties involved equally and represent fair and reasonable terms and conditions thereto.
Students are expected to:
• Come to the tutoring session on time
• Be active in the tutoring process
• Come to tutorial prepared with relevant course material and questions for the tutor
• Complete homework assigned by the tutor (if applicable)
• Be receptive to constructive criticism and open to changing study habits
• Be patient with the tutor and the process of learning.
It takes about 3-4 sessions for you to get comfortable with the tutor and for them to understand your learning style. For the most effective use of time, students should be prepared for the session with their books, homework, tests and proper supplies such as notebook, pencil etc.
• We offer the benefit of tutoring at your home service. However, this does not mean that should a tutor, for any reason, feel uncomfortable or unsafe at their premises that he or she must continue to go there. On occasion a tutor and /or client may request that an initial or single session be conducted at a neutral location such as a community center or library. This is entirely at the discretion of the tutor and yourself, and although we do encourage in-house instruction, will never force a tutor or yourself to do so if he or she feels unsafe in said situation.
• If you are not satisfied with a tutor during the initial session or during any session thereafter, and decide to discontinue seeing him or her, please terminate the session as soon as possible by contacting The Tutoring Expert. It is the client’s responsibility to report any inappropriate or dissatisfactory tutor performance issues to The Tutoring Expert. We are always eager for feedback and appreciate any input or suggestions, both positive and negative.
• Should a tutor decide to travel outside of his or her territory or boundaries of instruction to see a client, any travel fees or additional compensation will be billed in addition to the hourly rate.
• Once a tutor has arrived at the Client’s location and the client is not available for the scheduled session, the client will be liable for payment for full instruction time. This is providing lesson was confirmed in advance, and client made no earnest attempt at cancellation thereof. Acceptable methods of cancellation would include any reasonable (i.e. email, telephone, etc.) attempt to cancel lesson with tutor at least 24 hours in advance of set lesson time. Clients must attempt at least two avenues of contact in order to satisfy this obligation, unless first attempt is successful in reaching the tutor. Clients are further responsible for keeping records of these attempts in the remote chance that a dispute should arise.
• Lessons cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be billed.
• Only one make up is provided per month for those sessions that were cancelled in advance with minimum 24 hour notice. Make up sessions should be arranged directly with the allocated tutor. Make up sessions cannot be transferred to the next month and should be utilized in the same month
• Each session is a minimum of one hour. Sessions scheduled for less than an hour, will be billed for the whole one hour.
• While the vast majority of our students see improvements in their marks after the first few sessions, we make no guarantees on individual performance. We conduct rigorous screening for all of our tutors, to ensure that you are being taught by the brightest and most skillful instructors available. Any damages or liability issues must be taken up directly with the tutor on an individual basis separate in its entirety from The Tutoring Expert and any of its employees, directors, founders and associates as well as all of the familial and other relations thereof. Tutoring Expert will not be held liable for any damages related or thereof.
• Tutoring session begins as soon as the tutor arrives. The student is required to be prepared and ready for the session, if the student is not ready, any time required to organizer or become ready will be counted towards the session duration.
• Sessions are billed according to agreed upon frequency as per the original registration. If a change is required to this frequency the office must be notified to allow us to adjust the tutors schedule to the new requirement. Session durations if altered and reduced without notifying the office will be billed at the original agreed upon time. Any additional hours added to the scheduled session will also be billed at the required rate.
• As per the Tutoring Expert guidelines and policies, no client who has engaged the services of The Tutoring Expert shall hire or engage the assigned tutor directly for duration of 5 years from the date of commencement of the first contract with The Tutoring Expert as related to the tutor in question. This is in accordance with the competition act of the consumer code of Canada.
• It is understood that a tutoring cannot begin or continue unless credit card information has been provided and processed.
. Notice for vacations must be provided to the office at the beginning of the month and as soon as possible if sessions need to be cancelled.
• Our tutors are reserved for our clients and families for each term. Should the client withdraw from the program prior to term end ( Sept – Jan or Feb – June for Secondary students and Sept – June for Elementary students), a processing fee of $85 will be charged towards additional administration tasks involved in closing out the account early.
• Any periods of non-consecutive tutoring will continue to get billed for the weekly engagement and are considered as missed sessions.